Felling sluggish? Having aches and digestive problems? some trouble focusing and that awkward feeling of just being out of sync?! Then Its time for a Winter Detox !
Detoxification has been practiced for centuries. It is about resting and nourishing both body and mind by eliminating the toxins then feeding healthy nutrients and boosting the immune system! It ll also help you lose those extra pounds!
How does a detox work:
Detoxification mainly revolves around cleansing the blood and liver. It also promotes The body’s ability to eliminate toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymph and skin.
Where to start?!
First start by reducing , or eliminating the use of chemically based cleaning products, Sodas, Sugar, cafeine, saturated fat and alcohol.
Know that stress causes adrenaline and toxin levels to increase in your body, so it might be a good idea to start yoga or meditation.
Know your food!
Avoid dairy products, sugar, alcohol, coffee, red meat and chicken. Instead, eat fish, fresh or canned in spring water or olive oil; eggs; wholegrain raw nuts; seeds; legumes and vegetables. Have two or three pieces of fruit a day as well as herbal tea and water.
Know that Rocket Leaves, Lemon, Cabbages, Artichokes, Beets , Ginger, Garlic, Onions, Omega 3 foods, Beetroots, Flax-seed, Tumeric, nuts and Green tea are the perfect cleansing foods.
Detox a day and keep the doctor away!
- Start your detox by drinking at least one litter of water a day!
- add some squeezed lemon to a warm glass of water and drink it first thing in the morning
- Eat plenty of fibers including brown rice and organically-grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
- Take Vitamine C and some Omega 3 supplements
- Breathe Deeply throughout your day . Belly or Yogic breathing works best
- Try to use a sauna every once in a while
- Skin Brushing is a must! to remove toxins through your pores. Special brushes are available at natural products stores.
- Exercise! Whether it is yoga , Thai Chi or just a daily walk!
Let the Detox Begin!
Helwi El Hayet
Follow us on Twitter: @HelwiElHayet