Do you want to learn practical tips to help preserve dairy products, cold meat and vegetables? Writer and housewife extraordinaire Hoda Abou Jaoude shares with us her secrets.
How to preserve cheese:
– Yellow cheese lasts longer than white cheese
– After 4 days in the fridge wrap the cheese in a nylon sheet then again in aluminum to preserve it.
– Grate the cheese and keep it in the freezer for future use.
How to preserve Labneh:
– Labneh usually lasts for 4 days and whenever it starts to create water you will know that it’s starting to go bad.
– Add olive oil to preserve it
– Roll the labneh into small balls then add them into a small jar of olive oil.
How to preserve ham, turkey, mortadella, etc:
– Do not keep them in the nylon paper and place them as soon as possible in Tupperware’s.
How to preserve fruits and vegetables:
– As soon as you feel that they are going bad, dice the fruits and vegetables and freeze them for future use.
Helwi El Hayet
Follow us on Twitter: @HelwiElHayet