In our show today, we welcomed many guests and featured some interesting reports. Our main guest was wife of lawyer Elie Chamoun and mother to three children, Fabienne Chamoun shared with us some stories.
ALEF executive director, Darine el-Hajj joined us and discussed the short film “Three Random People” which is part of AlEF’s campaign. The campaign “Aazeback Mech Raha” launched on June 2011. and included;
- Around 400 Billboards all over the Lebanese Regions
- TV ads on three TVs for a whole week
- Launching of two reports about the situation of torture in Lebanon
- We were hosted on different talk shows and mentioned in many newspapers
- Facebook Page
The second Round of this campaign included:
- Screening of the TV ads for one week on two TVs
- Sending 100,000 SMS messgaes about the campaign and inviting to join our Facebook page
- Producing a short movie and screening it at Metropolis – Sofil Cinema for 28 days twice per day
- Producing of outreach materials
Oud player Ziad Ahmadieh, percussionist Bahaa Daou and electric bass guitar player Samir Naserel-Din forming a band were part of our show today. They play contemporary Arabic music and original songs every Friday at Mojo in Hamra.
Our next guest is artist Lara Khatechikian. After some collective exhibitions (AGBU/ESCWA/DT Beirut Art Festival/Aley summer festival), Lara Khatechikian decided to play it solo. ‘Soulful of light’, her first solo exhibition, opens at l’Osteria (Mar Mikhail) on Tuesday, January 24th, at 6 p.m. Why l’Osteria and not an art gallery? To her, l’Osteria is “where one feels at home among wonderful friends and people… I wanted my first step to be singular.”
Hope you enjoyed the show!
See you tomorow
Follow us on Twitter @HelwiBeirut